Much more than a pretty face.

I walk through life on a daily capturing the attention of strangers solely based off on my physical characteristics. Noticing my light skin, smile and physique.

Pretty, sexy, gorgeous have been terms used to address me and as much as i respect these compliments. I am much deeper than these.

A lot of people miss the woman i am, the soul i sincerely have because they are consumed with the exterior.

Imagine walking into an art gallery, so many beautiful paintings overlooked by the loud ones. The paintings you have overlooked is still there, not requesting to be looked at or taken, but once you look beyond the image, like really look, you find that there us more to it than meets the eyes.

If you focus on my image, without penetrating beyond my physical attributes, you will miss my value. The beauty is in the soul.

I realized early in life that being pretty is generally more of a burden than a benefit. When meeting people they grow interested in me because i appeal to the eyes.  Being pretty becomes a disturbance, blocking out the ability of others getting to appreciate me for my inner radiance.

From everyday situations to important career outcomes such as job interviews, it surprised me how much physical appearances affects people. Landing a job position based off on my pretty appearance, not seeing if i have the intellect to back it up. Hmmm. 


What offends me the most is being stereotyped as a female without a mind because in the world today you can’t be both pretty and intelligent. 

But the truth is that an attractive physical appearance means nothing if you have an awful heart. Like the familiar saying goes “What looks good to you, isn’t always good for you”. Pretty is vague, I would rather be recognized and acknowledged as very much more than an expression.

Although my face to you may be “pretty”, but pretty I am not. I am a genuine beauty. Beautiful from the inner surface of my heart.

I am intellectual, confident, a dream chaser, determined, loving, warm-hearted, devoted, independent. A daughter, a sister, a friend, a learner and forever a shoulder to everyone that desires it to lean on.

My advice to every woman out there, YOU ARE MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE

Realize that, enforce it, and live up to those words every day.  

“You can be pretty darling, but make it a point to be so much more.” TC Markh


Comments

  1. Dear J.I.

    Without sounding self-conceited and caught-up in the moment, "I think I get it?!"
    However, compliments are words and words are semantics; "take from that what you will".

    I know what you look like, "a pretty face, that you are!" Beyond those beautiful brown eyes, I believe you.

    I know you, you know me. Your secret admirer online.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOPE ALIVE!

2019...

THE BEGINNING